Sunday, December 9, 2007

2. Advent and Christmas Quilt Mystery


Another week has gone by and it's already the 2nd Advent. Last night I went to my favorite quilting shop for the annual Christmas mystery. I have been every year since it started (except one and I am sorry I missed it !) A quilt is designed by one (or more) of the teachers at the shop, then the customers sign up for the evening and the kit. Everyone brings food and the shop owners provide sandwiches. I always love to do it because I have to make something that I would not otherwise - the colors are usually different from what I would choose. You get instructions as you go along, so it is not until later in the evening that you find out what the quilt will look like. Each teacher does hers a little differently so there are some variations. I love it and have taken a lot of pictures of last night.


By the way, Becky at this shop is responsible for me quilting at all - I took one class from her years ago and have been a passionate quilter/appliquer ever since.

3 comments:

Roni Hunt said...

Heather! What great photos! I knew you would like your version of the quilt. Now I can't wait to see your applique addition. Drinda said she will also applique candles to the center of the wreaths. It was so good to share the evening with you as we don't get to visit often enough. If I don't get to see you before the holidays Merry Christmas to you and the family!

Roni Hunt said...

Heather! You have some wonderful photos of Saturday night! I was so happy to get to share the evening with you as I don't get to often enough. I can not wait to see the applique portion of your quilt. Drinda said she is going to add candles to the center of her wreathes. It is good to hear you like your version of the kit. I think it fits you perfectly. If we don't see each other before Christmas let me say "Merry Christmas" to you and your family!

Roni Hunt said...

Heather - you did a magnificent job with your kit! I loved your background and felt it was perfect for you. Can't wait to see your applique - Drinda said she is adding candles to the centers of the wreaths. It was nice sharing the evening with you as we don't get to do that often enough. The photos are great and I hope to post mine this week! Have a Merry Christmas and Safe-Happy-Healthy New Year!