Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pink and Brown Scrap











Some time ago I decided to cut up all the pink and brown fabrics left over from Dear Jane and make a scrap quilt. I cut a big basket full of pieces using a tumbler template, and randomly pieced them, using some of the mediums as lights and some as darks, which wasn't as successful as I thought it would be.
BUT the pile of fabrics never got any smaller ! I have pieced about half of the quilt which will be a twin size approx., but I seem to have more fabrics than when I started - are they breeding in the closet ??? SO, of course I will have to make another quilt using those scraps, I have an idea for a great Jo Morton pattern, where I can use up the rest of the pinks and even have an applique center - but who knows how much fabric will be left over if I do that !




2 comments:

Lou said...

Oh, I like ! The colors are very beautiful !

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Eigentlich mag ich braun überhaupt nicht, aber diese Kombination ist unglaublich schön ! Vielleicht sollte ich es mal wagen, braun zu verarbeiten ?
Liebe Grüße
Angelika