Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fraktur











This marvelous applique quilt belongs to Fran Dunn, a great quilter who has won many prizes for her fabulous quilts. I have wanted to make this one for a long time, and Fran very generously loaned me her quilt for inspiration. Here is a picture of my fabrics, they look too pale on the photo, but I chose plums and purples instead of reds, and included some batiks for a painted look. The background fabric looks sponge painted, with a diamond pattern in tan and green. Pattern is by the Rabbit Factory.




Dieser toller Appliquequilt gehoert Fran Dunn, die immer hervorragende Quilts naeht und die schon mehrfach dafuer ausgezeichnet wurde. Ich wollte schon lange dieses Muster naehen, und Fran hat mir grosszuegigerweise ihren Quilt geliehen. Hier sind meine dafuer ausgesuchten Stoffe, auf dem Bild erscheinen sie ziemlich blass, sind aber in der Farbe staerker, lila statt rot, mit einigen Batiken um einen gemalten Eindruck zu erwecken. Der Hintergrund sieht auch gemalt aus in beige und gruen. Muster der Rabbit Factory.

2 comments:

Valentina said...

Heather!!!
Oh, Heather, please can I join you in making Fraktur?
I don't know much applique, and I know it is too much for me, but I have had the pattern for ages and just can't shake it from my mind... I also have put fabrics aside and really wanted to make a start...
please, let me know?
...my heart is beating so fast!
:)
Valentina in faraway Cyprus

Valentina said...

oh, you must think I am so very silly...
I just realized this post is from June 2008!
oh, I am sorry, and please ignore my previous comment. I will now go and search the rest of your blog to see what has happened since then...
YOU are STILL an inspiration though!
:)