Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Boutis - starting a collection !







I can hardly believe I did this - but I made my first purchase on ebay ! These two old boutis were more temptation than I could stand, and today they got here from France. Here are a few pictures.
I was thinking about tracing off the patterns so I can make new versions of these. What do you think ? I am so excited to have them, and in very good condition - there is one tiny hole on one of them, and one of them is better stitched than the other, but great to study.
Ich kann kaum glauben, dass ich es gemacht habe - aber ich habe meinen ersten ebay-Kauf gemacht ! Diese 2 alten Boutis brachten mich zu stark in Versuchung, und heute sind sie aus Frankreich angekommen. Hier einige Bilder davon.
Ich denke daran, die Muster abzupausen, damit ich neue sticken kann. Was meint Ihr ? Ich bin einfach so davon begeistert, sie sind in sehr gutem Zustand - eins hat ein winziges Loch (vielleicht 2 Faedchen), und eins ist besser gestickt als das andere, aber schoen zum lernen.

3 comments:

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Einfach traumhaft ! Ich wünsche Dir viel Freude mit den Schätzen :-)
Liebe Grüße
Angelika

stadtgarten said...

Die sehen sehr schön aus. Ich kann mir nur momentan die Machart gar nicht vorstellen, Du sagst, es wäre gestickt. Auf den Bildern sieht es eher gequiltet aus, oder? Ich werde nachher mal nach boutis googeln, damit ich auch mitreden kann.
Ein schönes Wochenende und liebe Grüße, Monika

Anonymous said...

How lucky you were to find those boutis. They are great! I am glad I found your blog and what a surprise it was to see it our blog listed. Thank you. I sure will be back to see your progress on your boutis.
Denise from the boutis-along.